cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not show Image in DSI video mode

Zbobo.1
Associate III

(sorry for my bad English)

Hi, My project is base on STM32F469 ,LCD use DSI video mode.

Now I can show pixels in TouchGFX box , but can not show images.

Touchgfx project with images:0693W00000AMdJWQA1.jpg

display like this:0693W00000AMcnBQAT.jpg

touchgfx project with image&pixel:0693W00000AMdNKQA1.jpg

display like this:

0693W00000AMdPsQAL.jpg

the Images in touchgfx is seted as RGB565.

LCD controller is seted in RGB565 mode.

And DSI,LTDC,LTDC layer,DMA2D both are in RGB565.

Why do I have this effect?How can I fix it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zbobo.1
Associate III

Thanks everone. I found that qspiflash download FLM is not correct.When I erase flash it write 0x88 into it and touchgfx images always get 0x88...​

And my QSPI memory mapping mode is not setting correctly too.STM32F469-DISCO is use N25Q128A , my project is use W25Q128FV instead.

I wonder does ST provide this kind of norflash FLM to user?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

I dont understand your image 2 and result you can show pixels.

As first dont use touchGFX and start your display config work in basic princips.

Run DSI testpatterns, check ltdc memory usw...

Hi MM..1 

I had checked my driver and DSI , LTDC setting, is okay.Use HAL_SDRAM_Read_16b() to write Touchgfx image generated xxxbpp.cpp can get correct display.But image in touchgfx project cannot display correctly.

Have you tried putting the images in internal and then external memory ?

/Romain

Wouldn't it make sense for the debug builds to use asserts and sanity checks, which look for things like the wrong memory utilization for a given part, incompatible bitmap formats, etc.

And as MM suggests perhaps some quick initial exercises to display test patterns and unpack PLL, DSI and LTDC settings so the "as configured, as running" state can be quickly determined and verified. Printing these settings/parameters to the test output is also extremely helpful if working with a number of displays or possible options during development.

Some work in this regard would save endless headaches on the forum side.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi ,Romain Dieleman 

It can show images in internal ways!! I had tested read and write in SDRAM driver and QSPI flsh driver,its ok. Why cant I show images,if they are in qspiflash?Does Touchgfx have some interface for sdram or qspiflash?

Thanks!

Hi,Tesla DeLorean 

I found that I can show images by storage images in internal flash way.Read and write in QSPI memory mapping mode might casue this.Let me check it.😅

Zbobo.1
Associate III

Thanks everone. I found that qspiflash download FLM is not correct.When I erase flash it write 0x88 into it and touchgfx images always get 0x88...​

And my QSPI memory mapping mode is not setting correctly too.STM32F469-DISCO is use N25Q128A , my project is use W25Q128FV instead.

I wonder does ST provide this kind of norflash FLM to user?