cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board EVK070016 with MCU STM32H743XIH6

HaJott
Associate

Hi all,

as I'm stil new to STM and TouchGFX I'm facing the following problem.

The GUI was developed using a EVK070016 Kit. This board uses a dispay resolution of 1024 px and a MCU STM32H750. For evaluation it works fine. Now I was told that real I(productivity) project uses a STM32H743XiH6 MCU an a display resolution of 1024 px 8like the EVK board).

What I tried: 

In TouchGFX designer I selected my project using the EVK070016 Kit to get a screen resolution of 1024 px. By using this board automatically the MCU STM32H750 is selected. At this time I have no idea how to switch the MCU to STM32H743 by keeping the screen resolutoíon of 1024 px.

If I start a project by selecting the STM32H743 I only have a screen resolution of 480 px and I am not able to change the screen resolution to 1024.
I hope, somebody can help.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @HaJott ,

I can't find the EVK070016 reference.

In TouchGFX Designer, when I type "h750", the only option is the STM32H750-dk board:

GaetanGodart_0-1721030981245.png
So I don't know how you select it.

The only STM32H743 board available in TouchGFX Designer is the evaluation board.

From what I see, it seems like another person have created a TBS (TouchGFX Board Setup) for the kit you are using.
Now that you have to change the MCU, you need to create a new TBS for that new MCU. You can't just ask to change the MCU and hope that all the pins will be properly setup and all the initialization timings be respected as well as having the right drivers setup.

I invite you to communicate with your team regarding how your STM32H750 plus kit was setup and either ask them to do the hardware setup for you or to do it yourself.
To do it yourself, I invite to first verify compatibility and then read our documentation : board-introduction 

Don't hesitate to come back to me once you know more.

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)