cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUBE IDE No source available for "<signal handler called>() at 0xfffffffe" Errors

ark2
Associate II

I was making a project with CUBE IDE and compiling it on the board, and I got this error while compiling the project I was doing on the new board.

No source is available for "Call Signal Handler"() in 0xfffffffe.

I'm sure they're using the same CPU

I can't compile it because it's STM32 ST-LINK

I don't think there will be any problems with the code or MX settings because if I modify the code on the existing board, the project will also change well.

Even if I create a new project and add the above code, I get the same error, so I can't compile it

I want to solve this phenomenon, how do I solve it?

int main(void)
{

/* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */

/* USER CODE END 1 */

/* MPU Configuration--------------------------------------------------------*/
  MPU_Config();

/* MCU Configuration--------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
  HAL_Init();

/* USER CODE BEGIN Init */

/* USER CODE END Init */

/* Configure the system clock */
  SystemClock_Config();

/* USER CODE BEGIN SysInit */

/* USER CODE END SysInit */

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */
  MX_GPIO_Init();
  /* USER CODE BEGIN 2 */

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOK, GPIO_PIN_2, GPIO_PIN_SET);

/* USER CODE END 2 */

/* Infinite loop */
  /* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
  while (1)
  {
    /* USER CODE END WHILE */

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
  }
  /* USER CODE END 3 */
}

The same error occurs in the above simple code.

How can I fix this problem?

stm32 : STM32H743XIH6

==========================================

Error image

01.JPG

=========================================
Current state

00.JPG

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Andrew Neil
Evangelist

0xfffffffe is a "magic" address in the ARM Cortex-M architecture which indicates a core lockup; eg, a double Hardfault:

https://forum.microchip.com/s/topic/a5C3l000000UjLaEAK/t187425#:~:text=The%20magic%20PC%20value%20of%200xfffffffe%20indicates%20core%20lock%2Dup.%20This%20generally%20happens%20when%20the%20CPU%20double%2Dhardfaults.%20For%20example%2C%20a%20CPU%20hardfault%20occurs%2C%20and%20another%20fault%20occu....

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ddi0403/d/System-Level-Architecture/System-Level-Programmers--Model/ARMv7-M-exception-model/Unrecoverable-exception-cases?lang=en

@ark2 wrote:

I was making a project with CUBE IDE and compiling it on the board, and I got this error while compiling the project

Note that this is not an error that you'd get while compiling: this is a runtime error - it means your code is crashing while it's running on your board.

@ark2 wrote:
I can't compile it because it's STM32 ST-LINK

That makes no sense. What do you mean by that?

@ark2 wrote:

Even if I create a new project and add the above code, I get the same error, so I can't compile it

Again, the message has nothing to do with compiling.

Does the code build cleanly - ie, with no errors and no warnings?