cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost working! SSD1963 + FSMC + External SRAM. Why my images are like this?

Dolence
Associate III

Hi! I have been trying to make things work for a couple of days. I'm using an Alientek Explorer developer board (STM32F407) and it the documentation is nonexistent. Everything is in chinese characters and it's been so hard to learn from examples when everything is unintelligible. Lucky me the new STM32CubeIDE is a breeze to use! It's so good the way everything is well connected!

I have this display: https://www.buydisplay.com/7-tft-screen-touch-lcd-display-module-w-ssd1963-controller-board-mcu

I'm not using DMA transfer yet. Trying to make the simpler way first and improve later.

I have been following the doc for "FMC and SPI Display Interface" and STM32F412G-DISCO example.

Someone could please help me to identify why my image is being drawn liek this? I suspect my buffer is the problem.

Designer:

0693W000001tPNYQA2.jpg

Display:

0693W000001tPLwQAM.jpg

Designer:

0693W000001tPNdQAM.png

Display:

0693W000001tPMQQA2.jpg

May the cause of this be here?

void TouchGFXHAL::copyFrameBufferBlockToLCD(const Rect rect)
{
    __IO uint16_t* ptr;
    int16_t height;

// Use default implementation (CPU copy!).
    // This can be accelerated using regular DMA hardware
    for (height = 0; height < rect.height ; height++)
    {
        ptr = getClientFrameBuffer() + rect.x + (height + rect.y)  * 799;
        SSD1963_WriteMultipleData((uint16_t*)ptr, rect.width);
    }
}

I've attached the entire project files, just in case someone wanna kindly give it a look! Thanks in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
Dolence
Associate III

Yes, no problem! Which hardware you using? Only thing bothering me is speed. Didn't tried DMA transfers yet. I need to learn how to do it.

I'm considering to move to a RGB/LTDC setup. Unfortunately the board I want to buy have 40 pins RGB interface and the nicer displays are 50 pins.​

hjh
Associate III

Hi

THANKS ;o)

i do ust STM32F407VET6 and SSD1963 7 inch screen like yours ...it is running STEMWIN like a charm, but what to try TouchGfx

I do browse trough above code yesterday evening, but need some more time to understand how to implemet a custom driver in TouchGFX.

Therefore i ask to be sure that the code i am looking on are working ;o)

I do have my stm32F7-Discovery running fine with TouchGfx, but would also like to understand the custom driver setup.

Thanks an great summer to you

Hjalmar

Here is my kind-of-working code. Do you know how to implement DMA for speed optmization? How is the performance in STEmWin?

hjh
Associate III

Hi

Thanks

Speed performance is ok for menu and other things on stemwin but not for video i think

I will look into you code tomorrow

Please tell from where you get the TE signal ..On my ssd1963 7 inch display i do not see a pin with that

0693W000003BtFjQAK.png

Which exactly model is this? Mine has a TE pin on header.

If you are good at soldering and wanna risk it, **** Effect signal is pin number 50 on SSD1963. It may be floating on yours, I don't know. Maybe someone else could have a better idea. If you discover how to make it work using DMA transfers, please, let me know.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W000003BtHB.png

ERund.1
Associate II

Hi! Were you able to get DMA working?

Thank you!

Bdbsu.1
Associate

I think you have some technical issues in you software i also faced this type of problem in my software two months ago but then read an article that gave me a complete solution about it you can also search for its solution i hope you will find it.