cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating touchgfx 4.16.1 to 4.17, and cubemx 6.3 .... touchgfx_init produce hard fault .....

MHaji.1
Associate III

Hello,

I worked with TouchGFX 4.16.1 fine, because of graph issue in 4.16, i've migrated to TouchGFX 4.17 and also CubeMX 6.3 ... after this updating touchgfx_init() function produce hardfault .... Please help me how can I solve this issue ....

I work with STM32H743 ... D-cache enable ... dual buffer , External SDRAM...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check two extra things.

1- do you initiate your external flash before touchgfx init?

2- Make some delay with Hal_Delay function about 500 ms before peripherals initializing, It helps if some device need more time after resetting to be functional.

I hope it will help..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MHaji.1
Associate III

Hello,

I also create a new project with touchGFX4.17 from scratch without any success ....

MHaji.1
Associate III

When reached to this line ... hard fault accured ....

Bitmap::registerBitmapDatabase(BitmapDatabase::getInstance(), BitmapDatabase::getInstanceSize());

Please help

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

digging this up and linking this post to the other post your created on the same issue

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000zHSikSAG/touchgfxinit-make-hardfault-on-frontendheap-function-on-stm32h743

MDani
Associate

Hello, i had the same problem with my disco board (f746g) yesterday. I don't know why, but in the debugger settings there was no external loader set anymore. After set it it worked fine.

Hi,

Was it the same scenario where you migrated a project from TouchGFX 4.16.1 to 4.17 ? What version of STM32CubeMX are you using ? Did you start a proejct from scratch or from the TBS for the STM32F746G-DISCO board available in TouchGFX Designer ?

Could you confirm that disabling the external flash loader causes your project to hard fault ? That seems strange 🤔.

/Romain

Hi MDani,

All of my problem after updating is solved when I decided to migrate from KEIL to STM32CubeIDE, It seems Keil has some bugs in this case

I suggest if you are using keil, probably your problem will solve after migrating to STM ide....

BR,

Yes Romain, i migrated a the project from 4.16.1 to 4.17 and i also updated the STM32CubeIDE from 1.6.0 to 1.7, after that the problem occured. It was a new project i created.

Ok, now I'm very confused, I really thought the problem came from disabling the external loader. Now i tried it again with the external flash disabled but I didn't get a hard fault. But I'm really sure that was the only thing i changed to get it to work.

Anyway, it works.

Hey Haji, no I do not use the Keil IDE, I'm already working with the CubeIDE, but thank you for the hint.

Check two extra things.

1- do you initiate your external flash before touchgfx init?

2- Make some delay with Hal_Delay function about 500 ms before peripherals initializing, It helps if some device need more time after resetting to be functional.

I hope it will help..