cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a rotating knob ?

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Can I add a rotating knob ? If so , how ? Would it be possible to load a filmstrip ?

I use that for VST plugins although I see no widgets for that ?

Maybe the circle progress , somehow ?

19 REPLIES 19
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You can use the texturemapper to rotate anything you want. Check out the "Animation Texturemapper" example from the designer.

/Martin

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Sweet !, will try

But one thing , rotating something and and using sprites or strips is different.

A real rotation would change reflections and shadows while rotating as opposed to just rotating a static picture , having said that , maybe the texturemapper allows that so I am off to try 🙂

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Another issue, figure i post here instead making endless posts .

I have a togglebutton on page 1 , I toggle it to ON position , I use another regular 2 state button to switch to page 2.

When I go back to page one the togglebutton is now off ? How can I make it persistent ?

This also applies to the slider I inserted , its reset when I return to the page .

LalalandAudio
Associate II

On that note , would it be possible to say have a set of sliders and then save their position as a preset ?

Probably not in touch fx itself but is this achievable somehow ?

LalalandAudio
Associate II

I have a lot of questions...could I display a waveform or scope output or even meter or envelope display from audio Weaver ? Yes, I will read more , just excited , hehe 🙂

LalalandAudio
Associate II

As for the texturemapper example , This just rotates freely.

I mean like a knob , sample attached.

Also , how can I see in that example "How" it is made to rotate ? Is that purely in code or can I access those settings withing TGfx ?

Actually I have the problem with a lot of the demos , hard to see how it is made to do what it does , I must be missing something ?

Here is a sample of what I mean by knob rotation.0690X00000ARc0PQAT.gif

LalalandAudio
Associate II

Also notice a graphic glitch when its plugged in and starting , is this a fact with this setup ?

The texture mapper we provide can map the texture based on "camera" position and rotational parameters (x,y,z). There's no light source involved to provide reflections and shadows. That would be extremely expensive to calculate using the CPU (which is required, since the only graphics IP is ChromArt which provides in hardware alpha blending).

Usually, you'd persist data through the model - Either as an intermediary state (story it in variables, losing the data when power cycling) or from the model you'd maybe even store it on an SD card or maybe in EEPROM. Following the MVP pattern, your view would tell the presenter (which knows the model) to store the data.

Whenever you enter a screen the presenter should load the data from the model and initialize the view to restore the old state.

/Martin