cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753BI - HDMI + breakout boards

PAdam.6
Associate II

Hi Guys, I'll be starting new with the STM32H753BI and need to ask a few questions.

1. Using the HDMI function on the MPU: Do I have to pay any royalties or anything else to use the HDMI interface in our own commercial product?

2. Breakout board for the STM32H753BI: Where can I purchase breakout boards for the Microcontroller?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Pete 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Pretty sure the H753 doesn't support DSI/HDMI, and HDMI licensing is something you'll have to pay and handle yourself.

NUCLEO-H753ZI boards are available from Avnet

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PAdam.6
Associate II

Hi Clive, you're right. It's the STM32H752xl not the BI. So HDMI needs to be licensed to actually use it with your product.

Hmm, not happy about that. OK, thanks for your help Clive.

Pete

I'm more familiar with the MPEG LA, where the last person in the chain gets to pay for lunch, and as it is lucrative game they have people on commission come looking for you. I'm sure someone at HDMI will be happy to explain the model and provide the forms.

It is probably unrealistic for those not using the technology to carry the licensing costs of those who are. This is the same as ST not providing MAC addresses for Ethernet

ST limits their exposure by breaking it to a low volume add on board

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/b-lcdad-hdmi1.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PAdam.6
Associate II

Hi Clive, unless you have another way of putting video data on to a TFT I'll have to use my VGA MIPS32 assembler program.

I did want to use HDMI but I'm not going to pay for a TV output, what a absolute joke.

Pete