cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB V4 documentation

SURLEAU.Frederic
Associate III

Hi,

Where can I find a documentation for the version 4 of X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB ?

Regards,

Fred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @SURLEAU.Frederic​ ,

You can find all documentation related to X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB version 4 in this link and in this wiki.

Also this wiki shared the main changes compared to legacy Cryptographic Library version V3.x.x and helps with the migration of user code to the new Cryptographic Library version V4.x.x.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @SURLEAU.Frederic​ ,

You can find all documentation related to X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB version 4 in this link and in this wiki.

Also this wiki shared the main changes compared to legacy Cryptographic Library version V3.x.x and helps with the migration of user code to the new Cryptographic Library version V4.x.x.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The links do not actually provide documentation on the APIs presented by X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB. As an example, I'd like to use CMOX to implement AES128-CTR, but I cannot find documentation on which part of the IV is used as the nonce, and which part is used as the counter. The wiki mentions a cmox.chm file which does not exist in the 4.1.0 release of the library.

Where can I find a more complete set of documentation for the new X-CUBE-CRYPTOLIB API?

Most typically with AES128-CTR implementations the IV is left aligned, with the slack portion on the right being zero filled, and the whole word increments, from the right side.

There have definitely been multiple requests to get better / complete documentation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I assume you mean that the most significant 64 bits (i.e. the `key[15]..key[8]` bytes) are the IV, and the least significant 64 bits (i.e. `key[7]..key[0]`) are the counter?

I'm not a crypto guy so I'm making some assumptions as to what you refer to as "left side" and "right side".

I am also looking for CMOX crypto library 4.1 documentation. The version 3 documentation was good. However, I have to search all over to pick up tidbits left by others.

The demo projects are ok, if they actually implement what you are looking for.

Current example I am looking for a function to generate an EC25519 public key from a random private key. Basic operation, but I haven't found anything, Other than to use a function Curve15519_donna(); which I cannot find.

I didn't realize the legacy-v3 section included helpers to replace V3 functions.
legacy_v3\src\ecc\legacy_v3_C25519.c contains the equivalent function:

in file: legacy_v3_c25519.c