cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F413H SBSFU

ADani
Associate III

Hello,

I am working on integrating SBSFU with the STM32F4 controller. The target controller is F429.

I am trying to build an example project. It is a single image slot project which is developed for STM32F413H. I build the SE_Corebin project first and I am getting the following error.

################################################################

Core/se_callgate.c:462:25: error: 'SE_FW_IMAGE_COMPLETE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'SE_FW_HEADER_TOT_LEN'?

if ((se_FwType != SE_FW_IMAGE_COMPLETE) && (se_FwType != SE_FW_IMAGE_PARTIAL))

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SE_FW_HEADER_TOT_LEN

Core/se_callgate.c:462:64: error: 'SE_FW_IMAGE_PARTIAL' undeclared

################################################################

I couldn't find these macros. Can anyone help me resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It appears to be defined in se_def_metadata.h. Look for that file and ensure it's included before it is used.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWL/blob/747d4e27df07dcfc995b54f8af8a0bee38dfef8d/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Applications/BFU_1_Image/1_Image_SECoreBin/Inc/se_def_metadata.h#L79

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

It appears to be defined in se_def_metadata.h. Look for that file and ensure it's included before it is used.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWL/blob/747d4e27df07dcfc995b54f8af8a0bee38dfef8d/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Applications/BFU_1_Image/1_Image_SECoreBin/Inc/se_def_metadata.h#L79

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ADani
Associate III

Thanks @TDK​  it solved the issue. It has not been included. A file named se_def_metadata_template.h was included instead and it didn't have those two macros. Thanks a lot.

I would like to follow up with one more question

If I want to port the SBSFU and SB_COREBIN from F413H to F429 is it enough if I change the following in SBSFU and SB_COREBIN projects and build them?

1. linker file of F413H to F429
  2. includes that are specific to F413H to F429?

Then do the SBSFU+header+ STM32F429 firmware merge using the python script?

Is that how it works? or Do I need to do something specific? Can you please give some insight?

TDK
Guru

I would imagine the firmware for the STM32F413 and STM32F429 will be largely compatible, but I don't know the details for this particular situation. Certainly the CMSIS header include file and the linker file will be different between the two, but other firmware should be the same.

AliT
Associate II

Hi ADani,

I'm currently working on an exact project to port SBSFU for NUCLEO-F429ZI, however, I'm really new to working with ST tools and examples. Would you please help me find the starting point on how to port the code and which parts to modify? 
I'm currently using STM32Cube IDE.

Thanks in advance