cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StartTeraTermL5 shortcut does not open any window

HElah.1
Associate II

When it does not open any window, as it is mentioned in TFM_Homework.pdf, what can I do instead to know the board (STM32L5) is ready for "STM32 Security Workshop PSA-TFM"?

I didn't see the windows in the attachments.

6 REPLIES 6
Frantz LEFRERE
ST Employee

First insure the STM32L5 Nucleo is plugged on you PC ( and insure you don't have any other ST board connected).

Then you can check in Windows device manager in Ports(COM &LPT) -> You should see a STLink Virtual com port.

You can open a command windows and type those command :

cd c:\STM32SecuWS\Tools\teraterm\

StartTTPL5.bat

You should see some trace.

If it's still not working, let me know and I will set up a short team meeting to help you.

HElah.1
Associate II

Thank you, I have done it after asking the question, then I attach this window for you.

You can see also my device manager in this attachment. I have done everything like the pdf.

Frantz LEFRERE
ST Employee

You issue is link to the fact windows doesn't found mode command.

Could you check this is present on your PC ?

In a command windos:

dir C:\windows\System32\mode.com

If it's present, check you windows Path variable to insure the "C:\windows\system32" is present .

An other workaround would be to put the absolute path in the 2 following scripts

C:\STM32SecuWS\Tools\teraterm\StartTTPL5.bat

and

C:\STM32SecuWS\Tools\teraterm\StartTTPL4.bat

change line 25 :

FOR /F "tokens=4 USEBACKQ" %%F IN (`C:\windows\system32\mode ^| find " COM"`) DO (

HElah.1
Associate II

Thank you so much. The second one was my problem. "C:\windows\system32" was not in Path.

Sorry for taking your time. It was maybe my third question in internet forums all my life, because there is always the answer, when I search for it, but as there were not too many days to the workshop, I was in a hurry to make sure about everything.

Sorry again.

Have a nice day.

Frantz LEFRERE
ST Employee

No problem at all, you're welcome. I hope you will enjoy the workshop !

HElah.1
Associate II

Thank you. That is definitely a very useful workshop.