cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read out protection disable with STM32Programmer not working reliable, but STM32CubeIDE might fix the problem

mkrug
Associate III

Hi,

I'm still in the phase of understanding the STM32Programmer together with the STM32WB55. I came across the following behaviour:As you can see from the screenshot the STM32Programmer is saying that it successfully disabled the read out protection and in the next command its complaining that the read out protection is set :pensive_face:

Quite strange. Actually I couldn't recover the Nucleo board with the STM32Programmer. So I tried a software download with STM32CubeIDE. This worked and after that the STM32Programmer could readout the device again.

One more time - for me the way the STM32 Tools are working look a little bit unclear and unstable to me. I wonder how professional development will work if you need to use them. Commercial tools might make the difference but they are not available to me.

Best Regards

Markus

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

There is no screenshot attached. You need to upload it using the image icon to add it to a post. Copy/paste won't work (despite how it appears).

Show the steps you're doing. Going from RDP1 to RDP0 requires a reset and a full chip erase, which takes some time. There may be some STM32WB-specific things I don't know about.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".