cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the CRC peripheral used by the FUS services on the STM32WB?

Tim.N
Associate III

Hi -

I had been working on getting FUS support for upgrading images integrated into our firmware, and I discovered that my initialization of the CRC peripheral was causing the FUS subsystem to reject all upgrade attempts. I couldn't find any documentation inside AN5185 that indicated that the CRC peripheral was used for the FUS services, but could I get confirmation that it is indeed being used by FUS?

I can get FUS to succeed by resetting the CRC peripheral in my code before invoking (thus deinitializing the CRC peripheral) a FUS upgrade attempt.

If this is indeed the case that it requires the CRC peripheral, please update AN5185's table 3 "FUS resources usage".

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christophe Arnal
ST Employee

​Hello,

CRC is used by the FUS during firmware update. the AN5185 is already planned to be updated but I dot have the released date.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christophe Arnal
ST Employee

​Hello,

CRC is used by the FUS during firmware update. the AN5185 is already planned to be updated but I dot have the released date.

Regards.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Yes I confirm that CRC is used by FUS indirectly. It seems to be used by CyrptoLib that is used by FUS. But this lib does not perform the initialization. Thus the FUS does it, which in a way is a bit peculiar.

Tim.N
Associate III

Thanks for the confirmation.