cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone suggest me Best controller for my CAN device purpose with all possible securities ?

Nverm.1
Associate II

Pls suggest us possible controller for our below requirement : 

My Controller ..expectation : 

• CAN
  • Two-uart 
  • Signed boot
  • Ssl
  • Cypher - like i read in esp32 documentation, is it just software thing, can we use it for all STM controllers ?
  • Secure boot -  as i read its also software things, not depend on hardware so any STM32 can have secure boot, right ? as i found Stm32 cube extension software named X-CUBE-SBSFU for secure boot.
  • OTP - one-time program
  • Acceleration for encryption  - How much acceleration needed, how its necessary, if My goal is just get CAN data & sending that 200-300 byte data to server. every second.

is this hardware stuff or this also can be achieve by coding only to any stm32 uc.

• IoT / BLE security - ble we using for sending one byte & 100 kb photo via phone ble.
6 REPLIES 6

Crypto and signing can be done is software, but also has reasonably large footprint.

You should find libraries performing methods you need, and gauge size of those, as this will put a floor on the minimum viable STM32 parts.

Couple hundred bytes per second, shouldn't need hardware, hardware creates more import/export issues.

Most parts provide a small amount of OTP and a Unique ID.

New Cortex-M33 parts might have a better security focus.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks a lot !!!! a bit more i wanna ask like cypher , signed or secure boot & most important can, in short , can i know just best CAN supported controller in low cost with above IoT securities .

is stm32f103c6t6 can be used as it has CAN. but is it really safe for IoT purpose as per my above mentioned securities steps, secure boot, OTP, cypher etc is possible with stm32f103.

STea
ST Employee

Hello @Nverm.1 ,

You can use STM32CubeMX MCU selector to narrow down your search according to you preferences, a quick search according to your specifications gave the following MCU series. To further narrow your search you need to provide more details.

H_Remadi1_0-1698859406026.png

BR

Hichem 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Nverm.1,

finding a device with CAN support is not difficult, to identify the right balance between cost and the security, Introduction to STM32 microcontrollers security - Application note can help.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Post / Thread is from a YEAR AGO

A lot of support is about timely responses. There are perhaps more prescient issues, and ones which could do with a wealth of worked examples.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
liaifat85
Senior II

STM32H742xI/G or STM32H743xI/G fulfils some of the criteria. 

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h743vi.pdf

Regarding the OTP management, you can see this document.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeProgrammer_OTP_management