cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TIM3 in STM32H753 to trigger BDMA

JLee.46
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a serial data pattern in STM32H753 for WS2812B LED chip. I did it before with STM32F2, as the TIM, GPIO & DMA2 are within the same data bus matrix, i'm able to use TIM module events as a trigger event for DMA, and start moving data from RAM to GPIO.

In STM32H753, TIM modules are inside D2 domain, GPIOs are within D3 domain, if i gonna move data to GPIOs, data must be in SRAM4 and handled by BDMA.

Is it possible to use TIM module in D2 domain to trigger BDMA, that i can move data from SRAM4 to GPIO for generating the serial data pattern?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLee.46
Associate II

Thanks for the reply.

I think i misunderstood the architecture, i could use DMA1/2 to access GPIO in domain D3. I thought DMA1/2 in D2 domain couldn't access peripherals in D3 domain.

Its now working and i could use TIM8 to trigger DMA & move data to GPIOE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Georgy Moshkin
Senior II

Have you tried it already? If it does not work ensure that HAL generated BDMA initialization is before TIM/GPIO peripheral initialization.

Disappointed with crowdfunding projects? Make a lasting, meaningful impact as a Tech Sponsor instead: Visit TechSponsor.io to Start Your Journey!
JLee.46
Associate II

Thanks for the reply.

I think i misunderstood the architecture, i could use DMA1/2 to access GPIO in domain D3. I thought DMA1/2 in D2 domain couldn't access peripherals in D3 domain.

Its now working and i could use TIM8 to trigger DMA & move data to GPIOE.