cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using both I2S and SDIO

Nico3
Senior

I want to play audio on STM32F4 Discovery board. Audio is stored in SD card which connected by SDIO. 

On discovery board, I see below connections.

I2S3_SCK -- PC10 -- (SCLK) CS43L22

I2S3_SD -- PC12  -- (SDIN) CS43L22

but PC10 & PC12 are also connected to SDIO_D2 and SDIO_CK.  SDIO has no alternate pins. 

Any suggestion on how to move I2S3_SCK and I2S3_SD to PB3 & PB5 alternate pins on discovery board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are looking to use the CS43L22, you should use the PC10 for I2S3_SCK and PC12 I2S3_SD. I think you will need to move to SPI for your SD card.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nico3 

You can use PB5 for I2S3_SCK and the PB3 for I2S3_SCK.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nico3
Senior

but audio codec CS43L22  is connected to PC10 and P12 as per schematic of discovery board.

So you have to cut the trace PC12 to CS43L22 (DIN) and solder a wire to PB5 .

Then SDIO in 1-bit mode is possible. (1-bit mode is fast enough for audio and more easy to get it running than 4-bit)

+

Or try using the spi-mode to access sd-card, dont need the sdio-pins then.

+

Other way to play audio: use the USB -> MSC host , play from usb-stick then .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

If you are looking to use the CS43L22, you should use the PC10 for I2S3_SCK and PC12 I2S3_SD. I think you will need to move to SPI for your SD card.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32