cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBx Msc not working on STM32H563-Nucleo board

sourcerrer
Associate

Hi,

I have got the filex + levelx working with qspi nor flash chip ( 16 MB size )along with threadx.

However I am not able to get the USBX MSC to work to see the files by attaching the STM32H563 Nucleo board to a PC.

But the USBx stack doesn't seem to work. I have checked and used all the code from a ready STM32H573 discovery project give by ST Micro.

The USBPD stack uses the  void USBPD_DPM_Notification(uint8_t PortNum, USBPD_NotifyEventValue_TypeDef EventVal) function to call start the USB interface.

But the USBPD_DPM_Notification() doesn't get called.

I am unable to get the USBx CDC ACM working along side Filex as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FBL ,

I got the USBx msc working with filex + levelx. 

Increased the UX_THREAD_STACK_SIZE for the task "ux_slave_storage_thread" from 1024 to 1536 bytes.

The stack of this task overflowed when the USB host ( in my case Windows machine ) tried to read the media ( Nor flash device ).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @sourcerrer 

First, are you enabling the TrustZone?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @FBL ,

I have not enabled TrustZone.

The device class does not get enumerated. i tried for both the ACM and storage class.

The ACM+HID ready example is working on my Nucleo-H563ZI board.

The USBPD is working. I had not added the stm32h5xx_nucleo_usbpd_pwr.c file in the BSP folder.

Hi @sourcerrer 

If I understand correctly, ACM is not working alone. But works on ACM+HID example. 

I propose you to start with ACM+HID and comment out ux_hid_thread! 

Otherwise, can you point me directly to the issue linked to mass storage?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @FBL ,

I got the USBx msc working with filex + levelx. 

Increased the UX_THREAD_STACK_SIZE for the task "ux_slave_storage_thread" from 1024 to 1536 bytes.

The stack of this task overflowed when the USB host ( in my case Windows machine ) tried to read the media ( Nor flash device ).