cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBPD with TCPP Package

AWack
Associate III

Hi,

I´m using the TCPP package (inside CubeMX). For my application I also need an ADC channel on the same ADC1 as used by TCPP to measure the Bus voltage. But it seems, that I don´t get any result in my application (configured as DMA). Investigating the problem I was wondering, that the channel configured is not used by USBPD, because only the ADCx->DR is read. The channel defined in usbpd_ADC_SNK.h (#define TCPP01_PORT0_VSENSE_ADC_CHANNEL ADC_CHANNEL_2) is nowhere used in the code... ?

Any idea?

Best regards,

Achim

3 REPLIES 3
PPAIL.1
ST Employee

Hi AWack

The Vbus voltage monitoring is already implemented and in the code and used for USBPD.

You can re-use the function for your own needs.

It is in the BSP_USBPD_PWR_VBUSGetVoltage function in the usbpd_pwr_user.c source. I copy it below.

In this case (without BSP) we are not using DMA because we monitor only one channel in this application. So we only reference to TCPP01_PORT0_VSENSE_ADC_INSTANCE.

__weak int32_t BSP_USBPD_PWR_VBUSGetVoltage(uint32_t Instance, uint32_t *pVoltage)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN BSP_USBPD_PWR_VBUSGetVoltage */

/* Check if instance is valid */
  int32_t ret = BSP_ERROR_NONE;
  if ((Instance >= USBPD_PWR_INSTANCES_NBR) || (NULL == pVoltage))
  {
    ret = BSP_ERROR_WRONG_PARAM;
    *pVoltage = 0;
  }
  else
  {
    uint32_t value;
uint32_t vadc;
uint32_t voltage;
    value = LL_ADC_REG_ReadConversionData12(TCPP01_PORT0_VSENSE_ADC_INSTANCE);
vadc = (value * VDDA_APPLI) / ADC_FULL_SCALE;
    voltage = vadc * (USBPD_PWR_VSENSE_RA + USBPD_PWR_VSENSE_RB ) / USBPD_PWR_VSENSE_RB ;
    *pVoltage = voltage;
  }
  return ret;
  /* USER CODE END BSP_USBPD_PWR_VBUSGetVoltage */
}

I hope I answered your question,
Best regards
Pascal

Hi Pascal,

ok, I understand. But this means if I want to use DMA with my application i can just replace LL_ADC_REG_ReadConversionData12(TCPP01_PORT0_VSENSE_ADC_INSTANCE); with the DMA variable?

Best regards,

Achim

Hi AWack

I agree, this should work,

Best regards

Pascal