cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of both SDIO interface at the same time in STM32H747

Rekhas19
Associate

Hi, I observed a limitation in the STM32H7 reference manual saying that 

"The current version of the SDMMC supports only one SD/SDIO/e•MMC card at any one
time and a stack of e•MMC."

So my application requires to control two SDIO slaves from both SDIO interfaces of STM32H747 at the same time, Is this realizable?

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Rekhas19 

Indeed, SDMMC interface only supports one card at a time, meaning that a device can only read from or write to one card at a time.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Belaid,

Thank you for replying to my query. 

When i saw the HAL and LLs of STM32H7 , i could not find any reference to CMD5, CMD52 and CMD53,which are SDIO specific functions. Please excuse me, I am very new to SDIO protocol. Can you please point to any reference API or example for those commands?

AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

As I understand the manual, every sdmmc interface can use one card, so using both sdmmc can connect to two SD cards, one on each sdmmc interface.

You want to use fatfs - or what? So give them two different drive names, maybe 0 and 1 .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FBL
ST Employee

You can find SD Card Specific commands here.
I hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.