Did you mean: 

UART communication with NORDIC BLE chip

RShiv.1
Senior

9 REPLIES 9
RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

I am trying to interface STM32L476RG with NORDIC BLE chip..

My UART 4 and UART 5 individually working fine..

My code inside the while loop is as follows

HAL_UART_Receive(&huart4,(uint8_t*)MSG4,sizeof(MSG4),1000);

HAL_Delay(1000);

HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart5,(uint8_t*)MSG4,sizeof(MSG4),1000);

HAL_Delay(1000);

I want whatever received through BLE ->UART ->STM to come out as is

but I am not getting anything..UART 4 is receiving fine as we were able to check the output

but I am not able to receive and print the same in UART 5..can I know why this is happening??

Thanks and regards

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

HI all,

Kindly give me some direction on how to proceed from here...we are stuck..Thanks

Ravi

Piranha
Chief II
RShiv.1
Senior

Hi piranha,

we are currently not using any DMA in our UART transmission..just a simple messages sequence which we can send from STM to Nordic BLE .

attached is the C code which I am trying..let me know if we need any changes here..if we need to add any driver file.

when I test as individual STM board this works fine..only when integrated to Nordic I find this issue...

when Tx is done(HAL_TRANSMIT) I get ifconfig___end at the other end instead of intended characters..do not know the reason

same when Rx is done(HAL_RECEIVE ) I cannot see any characters received...but till the pins when connected to USB-> UART terminal we are seeing from Nordic..but not inside STM...can we know why this is happening.

Thanks and regards

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi piranha,

Any update on my previous query on UART RX and Tx which we are trying to do with NORDIC and STM32..kindly let me know.

Thanks

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

I am not able to receive HAL_UART_RECEIVE()..I have shared the main.c file...let me know any changes need to be done.

Thanks

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

Any update let me know ..we are stuck at this point kindly help us to understand how to procced from here

regards

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

Hi,

should I use HAL_UART_RECEIVE_IT for this??..there are no INTERRUPT pin as such ..but still do we need to use this..let me know.

thanks

Ravi

RShiv.1
Senior

HI,

Any update on how HAL_UART_RECEIVE need to be addressed ..Kindly help us through this.

regards

Ravi