cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger HRTIM capture via SW (i.e. EXTI event)

g mcclean
Associate II

I use the HAL to setup multiple HRTIM timers on a STM32G4 and I would like to trigger a simultaneous capture across them using software (the reasons for this are complex but it needs to be a simultaneous capture).

Currently I have a GPIO output pin looped back into a GPIO input pin to trigger a HW EXTI which is then used to perform the actual capture on multiple HRTIM timers. This works but the method seems a bit overkill, inelegant and wastes two pins that I may need for something else.

I suppose I could use TIM2_TRGO but I was wondering if I can do it in any other way?

Note: The CubeIDE does not allow a CAPTURE1 via a SW trigger but I see there is a LL_HRTIM_CAPTURETRIG_SW in the HAL manual. Do I just need to forget the CubeIDE or am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

As per my understanding a possible solution could be to have an update event as a source of capture of all Timers, and to program the Master Timer update as a source update for all of them. Then a software update could be triggered by HAL_HRTIM_SoftwareUpdate (HRTIM_TIMERUPDATE_MASTER).

Best regards.

Yassine.

MJavi.1
Associate III

@Peter BENSCH​ 

please take a look at this question. I have the same question