cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The STM32H725IGT3 has internal temperature temperature, can I use it as shutdown or stand by of the MCU, incase the temperature rise above a specific threshold like 102C?

IMor.1
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, why not.

There's no automatism built in, though, so you have to do it yourself.

JW

IMor.1
Associate II

Thanks

TDK
Guru

There is some limited automation available here to do this on the STM32H7 series. See "6.5.6 Temperature thresholds" in the reference manual.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/dm00603761-stm32h723733-stm32h725735-and-stm32h730-value-line-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

But (as far as I can tell) that will use fixed thresholds and won't be customizeable.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

> "6.5.6 Temperature thresholds"

Oh I did not know about that (but then I don't use the 'H7 - don't you know, is it available in any other family?).

Speaking of limited automation, ADC watchdog also comes into mind. I'm not sure it can be applied to the temperature sensor's channel, though.

Accuracy and noise of the temperature sensor, as well as general issues with ADC accuracy/noise vs. supply/ground arrangement, digital noise, etc., may pose certain problems in this case, too.

JW

It's not in any other families that I know about, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's in the newer families. I really only use F4 and H7.

Agreed that ADC watchdog could be used here for a customized cutoff. Depends on the reason for wanting to do this. If it's to protect the chip itself, the temperature threshold seems to be built for that. If it's to protect something else, you'd need the analog ADC to correlate onboard temperature with the temperature of whatever external component you're protecting.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".