cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test stm32 pinouts to use in a force feedback project

RSant.4
Associate

Hello guys, so, Im trying to make a steering wheel based in a brushed dc motor and an encoder with a stm32f407vet6. So, I ordered stuff and started testing, the encoder was working until some time it just stopped out of nowhere and now it doesnt give output and it had some times that broke the input of some buttons that were connected as well for the stm32. Its a little bit tricky to explain, but if there is someone interested in the project i can try to explain better and even show some pictures of it.

Basically, I have two things in mind, or the encoder blew up or the stm32 blew the PA0,1 and 2 pins.

PS: I'm new in this world of microcontrollers

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It's hard to debug multiple problems at once. Simplify what you're doing to getting a single thing to work, starting with the simplest. If buttons don't work, debug that first, then add in the encoder.

> Basically, I have two things in mind, or the encoder blew up or the stm32 blew the PA0,1 and 2 pins.

You can test those theories. Set PA0 as output, toggle it, measure it with a multimeter.

To test the encoder, monitor the signal output while you rotate it. A logic analyzer or scope would be best, but a multimeter should give you an averaged voltage reading which can give insight.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RSant.4
Associate

Basicaly its the opposite, the buttons work, but when i include the encoder, everything stops.

How can I sset Pa0 as output to measure?