cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-IO-LINK on STEVAL-IDP004V2

Luna
Associate II

How to open the STSW-IO-LINK evaluation firmware in the STM32CubeMX development platform? STSW-IO-Link is downloaded and extracted. The *.ioc file seems to be missing in the STSW-IO-LINK firmware package!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. STSW-IO-LINK firmware is developed using IAR.

2. take a look at this video.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Luna and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The examples of this firmware are not developed starting from CubeMX configurations. So, there is not a .ioc file on the projects.

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thanks for your information. if I want to change the firmware code and download it to MCU, do i need to start from 0 to create my own project and code? or do I have any other ways more easier?

Changes should be done directly on the code or by starting a new project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

ok, here are 2 more questions.

1. may I know which develop environment used to develop STSW-IO-LINK firmware if it is not CubeMX?

2. the default firmware in STEVAL-IDP004V2 is STSW-IO-LINK or not?

thanks.

1. STSW-IO-LINK firmware is developed using IAR.

2. take a look at this video.

Best regards.

STTwo-32

@Luna wrote:

1. may I know which develop environment used to develop STSW-IO-LINK firmware if it is not CubeMX?

CubeMX just creates configuration code for the hardware - it doesn't affect the rest of the code that you develop...

thanks.

since I have flashed the MCU with other firmware version, where can I get the default firmware version when I bought?

if i will use CubeMX, I need to configure the .ioc by myself and use the code provided by ST, to make it co

Since Your original problem was solved. I suggest you close this post by choosing a best answer and open a new thread on the Interface and connectivity ICs for the new request to give it more visibility.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32