cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMG4 Where is the control register - Cant find it in the documentation!

Tobe
Senior III

It is really frustrating to not find an information, even worse, you always have to login again with writing your full emailadress, while you checked "save login" before!

Here is what i am looking for (this is all i found as register for privilege mode):

where it is.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The register CONTROL is one from the core Cortex-M4, which is documented in PM0214, section 2.1.3. The CONTROL register is handled like the other core registers with CMSIS, where you can find references to it. More detailed documentation can be found at developer.arm.com, e.g. in dui0553.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

As this is part of the CPU core, it's not covered in the RM but the PM, in this case PM0214 for Cortex-M4. Or check any book or documention for the M4-*core*.

It should be stated, that this is a core register, and any information can be found at xxx.

Some might know about this details, but some newcomers dont know.

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

Newcomers should not start with reading RM or DS, but with literature about ARM-Cortex-M family in general, i.e. something like "The Definitive Guide to ARM Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 Processors". This will give some insight about the whole family and even help to select the appropriate chip for the given task.