cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32u5a9 hexa-spi PSRAM issue

nwm_35
Associate II

I am attempting to bring up a custom board using a STM32U5A9 chip. I modeled the board off of the STM32u5a9j-dk dev kit (the one with a circular screen). I've been able to get our LCD screen to work over DSI and touchGFX currently runs fine.

Now I am trying to run the frame buffer off of a PSRAM chip (the exact same chip on that is on the dev kit board - aps512xxN-OBR. Note that the DK chip says aps512xxN-OBRx while our custom board chip says aps512xxN-OBR. This seems to be inconsequential based on the datasheet however.) I am using BSP drivers found on the stm32u5 github page. The board I am using is currently missing the octospi flash from the devkit but in a future iteration of the board I will be using that.

I have been unable to complete initialization of the PSRAM on the custom board due to a timeout in the first registerRead after the PSRAM is reset. However when I run this same code on the dev kit it runs just fine and intitialization works. I've triple checked the GPIO connections between the MCU and PSRAM and they are correct. Where else should I be looking to figure this out? I was under the impression that if the hardware matched 1:1 then the code should work but what other hardware on the dev board can impact the hexadeca-spi operation?

10 REPLIES 10
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @nwm_35 ,

As I mentioned in my last comment the maximum frequency guaranteed is 160MHz as cited in the datasheet.

For the animation issue, could you please try storing the frame buffer to an internal memory.

If, the animation issue isn't solved, I advise you to create a new dedicated post for this behavior or to contact your FAE.

Thank you.

Kaouthar 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.