cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476RG Compilation Issue: Missing Headers

NStep.1
Associate

Hi,

I've been trying to compile a program to talk to a sensor over UART for my STM32L476RG board. I'm having an issue with that I've tidied up the library that is needed to talk to the sensor, but I'm getting errors that I'm missing header files such as the RTE_Components.h or arm_math.h.

I saw similar issues on SO and on this forum and I did my best to search and include files in the path of the project, as indicated in the picture:

0693W000001pkOeQAI.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've created the project through STM32CubeMX and generated the code in it with 2 initialized UARTs. I also then just added the library (one header and one source file) into the source folder and did the basic #include __Library__ in the main.c of the generated project.

Over troubleshooting this issue, I've managed to get down to just having RTE_Components.h missing, but I couldn't find it anywhere but the NN examples folder. When I tried to copy the RTE_Components.h file from there to the Driver/CMSIS/Include, it generated new errors related to the NN.

I'm using STM32CubeMX 5.3.0. and STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0. Any pointers on what might be happening and how this issue can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

RTE_Components.h would be from KEIL, and related to their licensed middleware typically

The math include is in the DSP include directory, you'd need to add that to your list

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.1\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP\Include\arm_math.h

Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi clive1,

I see, thank you for your answer!

I regenerated the code for my project with STM32CubeIDE as output after I might've had the wrong IDE as output in the STM32CubeMX settings. Is there any way getting around that other than creating a new project and trying again? I'm not using KEIL at all.

I see, I was able to find the DSP/arm_math.h library, but I'm not sure why it complained to me and wasn't included in my project from the get-go.

Thank you so much,