cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I-DK ADC Control register(ADC_CR) BOOST bits

SPark.28
Associate II

I'm checking the ADC operation with STM32H7B3I-DK board.

To set adc clock frequency up to 50MHz​, i tried to change BOOST bits of ADC_CR register.

However, unlike the rm0455 document that states that bits 8 and 9 (BOOST bits region) can be set, when checking in debugging mode in the IDE tool, only bit 8 seemed to be changeable.

I want to know the difference between the contents of the datasheet and the status shown in the register status window in debugging mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SPark.28​ ,

There is a difference and change between the "STM32H7 silicon Rev Y" and Rev above in the ADC Boost setting.

This is not a bug, it is an intentional change, and it is supported in the HAL/LL (by reading the device ID before applying the right register setting).

Main difference between revision V and revision Y is highlighted in this dedicated AN5312

0693W00000JMf7SQAT.jpg 

Hope that I've answered your question. If this the case, please close this post by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SPark.28​ ,

I am checking this issue and I will come back to you soon with update.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you so much..​

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SPark.28​ ,

There is a difference and change between the "STM32H7 silicon Rev Y" and Rev above in the ADC Boost setting.

This is not a bug, it is an intentional change, and it is supported in the HAL/LL (by reading the device ID before applying the right register setting).

Main difference between revision V and revision Y is highlighted in this dedicated AN5312

0693W00000JMf7SQAT.jpg 

Hope that I've answered your question. If this the case, please close this post by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
SPark.28
Associate II

At 14 bit resolution, the fact that the maximum sampling rate achieves 5 MHz doesn't change, right?

All related issues have been resolved.

Thank you.