cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32h755 cores not running properly

yuri CH
Senior

Hello!

I am working with the STM32h755 nucleo board. my project is cubemx generated.

at first i created simple code that makes each core (m7,m4) to toggle a differenet LED.

i see a differnce in the behavior when i am connected with a debugger and without it.

it seems that in the M4 core - without debugger presence nothing happens. further inquery showed that the systick isnt working and  the uwTick is stuck on zero!

i feel like i am missing something simple since this is cube generated and i have barley touched the project.

please advise on how to solve this..

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
yuri CH
Senior

In fact now i see that unless i run the M4 core with a debugger the systick there does not work. 

what could be the reason?

Good morning:

Please I would like to receive your help.

I am starting to learn to program the STM32H755 microcontroller using a nucleo board and the STM32CUBE IDE tools.

My first project is to blink two leds using individual CPUs. That is, the green LED with the M4 CPU and the red LED with the M7 CPU.

After configuring the debugger, the system only programs the M4 CPU and additionally the algorithm runs very slowly.

I have been studying the documents: AN5286 and AN5361, I have followed in detail all that the steps suggested in these two documents, but the problem persists.

Please, I would appreciate your valuable help on this issue.

Thank you

Hi,

i would suggest start working with cube repository examples. once they run on both cores you can seperate the dependency of the M4 and M7 cores in the code.