cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750 in Europe

pr242
Associate II

Are these parts US only?? I need 4 or 5 for prototyping.

MOUSER: Will not ship outside USA

DIGIKEY: Will not ship outside USA

ST online: $70 postage to Europe. From USA. What else do you expect from a """European""" company.

FARNEL : No not stock it

RUTRONIK : Min order 90

???

I can order parts direct from Microchip (an American company) and they are dispatched from within Europe with realistic postage pots. Why don't ST stop pretending and just move to the USA ??

16 REPLIES 16

Support for the parts within Europe should come from the local sales offices, the support engineer responsible for your account should be able to get you samples. I'm sure if you're building a million dishwashers or fridges you'll get a lot more attention than if you're make a few hundred or thousand boards.

Availability of H7 parts is very low currently, likely because the silicon is being respun and re-qualified/re-validated. Parts with, or containing, crypto are hard to export out of the US, and the end customers need to be tracked across borders. Don't get my started about reach, I have to deal with GDPR nonsense.

ATMEL had a large footprint in France, much of it expensive and poorly costed, which is why Microchip shuttered a lot of it and rationalized the production/pricing.

ST's probably focusing on a strong/unified market place rather than a fractured/dysfunctional market pretending to be one.

Semi vendors have been moving to a more built-to-order model, which is why lead times are pushing out 26-52 weeks for a lot of lines. Distributors seems to have diminishing value these days.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Farnell has stock on H743 and 753. As 750 and 743/753 is the same chip only with all flash available, consider using H743/753 for prototyping.

pr242
Associate II

Thanks!😊

MikeDB
Lead

I'm also chasing the same parts - the STM32H750VBT6.

Avnet Europe claim to have them in stock but whether they will sell them to you seems to be another issue altogether.

I've contacted RS and asked if they would consider stocking it.

However there appear to be a few places in China on Alibaba with significant stock as well so I have asked them to quote. Problem is always the shipping and DHL customs service charges cost more than the ICs themselves. Would anybody like to share the costs in a joint order ? Delivery is usually about 5-10 days.

pr242
Associate II

It's a bit sad that you can get these parts (and many others) in the US *easily* from official distributors. In low volume. And also *direct* from ST.

But in Europe you have to visit quality suppliers like Alibaba and Ebay. I guess that gives a good indication where ST's interests lie...

I'm not ready to get any parts yet (otherwise I would for sure make a joint order). I'm still considering if I should stick with Atmel parts. At least you can buy those...

Yes it's a total nonsense. I used to use NXP ARM devices, then had a period using Atmel, first the ATTINY85s and then the really good value ATTINY404/414 which even RS sell for 40p !

But now need something with real DSP grunt and after looking at the DSPs from ADI and TI, it seems the M7 core devices are actually better value as you can easily parallel them up through the numerous interfaces. But this whole parts situation is really p***ing me off.

Best quote I got was US$5.25 in low volume which is more than Avnet price but not silly. Will be VAT and shipping on top of that but that's same for Avnet of course.

There are some online service like Qwintry which give you a local US address for purchasing stuff and then they forward it to your actual address in Europe.

I expect Mouser and Digikey won't ship to that sort of address. I find it hard enough for distributors to ship to my home rather than our company registered office as I work from home.