cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h7 with integrated usb hs phy

yakabmarci
Senior

is there a way to search for which stm32h7 mcus have integrated HS usb phy?

the mcu finder product selector doesn't have such filter, is there an app note, a product brief or anything like that?

How is one supposed to find such a controller? (besides manually checking all of them)

Sometimes this is the main and only selection criteria. I didn't even know that such a feature even exists.

I just stumbled uppon when i saw that the stmlink v3 has high speed usb but doesn't use an external usb phy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @yakabmarci ,

The information can be found in AN4879Introduction to USB hardware and PCB guidelines using STM32 MCUs and precisely table 5:

AmelNASRI_0-1699546827394.png

Regarding your proposal for the product selector: I'll raise it internally.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AScha.3
Chief II

afaik the only chip with HS USB by stm is F723 . thats why mcu-finder shows no H7 cpus...  🙂

+ thats why it is used in the st-link V3 .

if you need hs usb on chip maybe look at cpus by NXP, Nuvoton...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Me: - Dear Bing, which STM32 microcontroller has USB high-speed PHY on chip?

Bing: 

According to the web search results, the STM32 microcontrollers that have USB high-speed PHY on chip are the **STM32F722**, **STM32F723**, **STM32F732**, and **STM32F733** ¹. These microcontrollers can support USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer rate of 480 Mbit/s ⁴. However, not all packages of these microcontrollers have the USB high-speed PHY feature. For example, only packages with more than 144 pins on the STM32F730 have the USB high-speed PHY ⁵. You can check the datasheets of these microcontrollers for more details.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 04/11/2023

That's it... Answer in 10 seconds.

this is not really helpful, as the result is not really reliable.

It would be nice to get precise info directly from the source (ST) and not rely on 3rd party searches,AIs and whatnot.

(not so sublte hint: ST please add this filter to the product selector)

Hi @yakabmarci ,

The information can be found in AN4879Introduction to USB hardware and PCB guidelines using STM32 MCUs and precisely table 5:

AmelNASRI_0-1699546827394.png

Regarding your proposal for the product selector: I'll raise it internally.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

seems there is an error in the table: H563 has FS phy internal. - but not in this table.

from rm :

AScha3_0-1699550276752.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Good catch @AScha.3. I reported this internally.

Internal ticket number: 166032 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

- Amel

thank you

DisgruntledRock
Associate

I would love it if the STM32 product selector had the ability to filter for integrated USB HS PHY as well. Currently it is really annoying to find STM32 MCUs that have an integrated USB HS PHY. And I really do not wanna deal with external USB HS PHYs, so finding MCUs that have an internal one is really important.

USB HS PHY  have afaik : 

- STM32F722/723/730/732/733

- STM32U5Axxx

- STM32U59xxx

AScha3_0-1707740285668.png

But look in table with different cases - to be sure. (not all F7xx have hi speed PHY )