cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H563 bootloader SPI configuration

Dimlite
Associate II

Hi,

in AN2606 rev 64, I cannot find the SPI settings for STM32H563 bootloader, i e CPOL, CPHA etc. For the other MCU:s in this document, this information is provided.

For example H72xxx comes with CPOL = CPHA = low.

Using these settings, and a rather slow clock at 0.5 MHz, I send 0x5A, and get 0xA5 in return. This looks good, but the problem is that no matter what I send, I get 0xA5 in return.

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Dimlite 

As it is not mentioned on the on the AN2606, that means they should be the kept as they are on rest value. I've submitted a ticket to our team so they can add this information on the AN2606 (ticket number 193801).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Dimlite 

As it is not mentioned on the on the AN2606, that means they should be the kept as they are on rest value. I've submitted a ticket to our team so they can add this information on the AN2606 (ticket number 193801).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the fast response. I've been playing around with the synchronize message, and it seems to me that it takes repeated attempts before I get an acknowledge. It often takes around 10 attempts of sending 5A + sync before I get the ack. Is this the expected behavior?

Hello @Dimlite 

The Full procedure to get the acknowledgement is explicated well on the AN4286

Best Regards.

STTwo-32