cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H503RB I3C Target TX-FIFO Size Question

BRIAN_LAI
Associate II

I am using NUCLEO-H503RB as I3C Target with LL library.
What's the minimum size of TX-FIFO available when I3C Target is reading by Controller?
I setup I3C Target TX-FIFO using function "LL_I3C_ConfigTxPreload" with 1 byte, but it always runs 8 bytes per time.

According to the datasheet, the size of TX-FIFO would be TGTTDCNT if size is lower than 8 bytes.
Tx-FIFOTx-FIFO

My TGTTDCNT settings:
TGTTDCNTTGTTDCNT

The test procedure is I3C Controller start a private read with 11 bytes and Target return the array contents.
The source code is attached, the result diagram is described below.
I3C Read TestI3C Read Test

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @BRIAN_LAI , 

The minimum size of TX-FIFO available when I3C Target is reading by Controller is 1 byte.
You need to indicate the status of TX FIFO preload (target mode) by using : LL_I3C_IsActiveTxPreload. Then you can Set TX FIFO Preload (target mode) LL_I3C_ConfigTxPreload

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @BRIAN_LAI , 

The minimum size of TX-FIFO available when I3C Target is reading by Controller is 1 byte.
You need to indicate the status of TX FIFO preload (target mode) by using : LL_I3C_IsActiveTxPreload. Then you can Set TX FIFO Preload (target mode) LL_I3C_ConfigTxPreload

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Foued_KH ,

I think the root cause may be the Target Interrupt "I3C_EVR_TXFNFF" trigger when TX-FIFO is not full with 8 bytes.
Is it required to fill TX-FIFO full every time before I3C Target being read from Controller?
Are we able to implement I3C Target with using TX-FIFO only a single byte?

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @BRIAN_LAI , 
Just configure Tx Fifo Threshold : 1 byte 

/** Configure FIFO**/
sFifoConfig.TxFifoThreshold =HAL_I3C_TXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_4;

Foued

Hi @Foued_KH ,

I've already setup with "I3C_TXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_4".
TX_FIFO_Config.png

The interrupt condition is "One or more free space available in TX-FIFO". (1 byte empty then trigger Interrupt)
Is it possible to change the interrupt condition to "TX-FIFO empty" ? (only trigger Interrupt when 8 bytes empty)

Trigger.png

Are you sure that you are sharing the target code ?
because I see the process for the dynamic addressing in the target side 

Yes, I have both I3C Controller and Target on the same board.
I3C1 act as Target with Interrupt.
I3C2 act as Controller with polling (no Interrupt).