cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32g0b1 swd interface not working

prekop
Associate II

Hello community,

we made a nice project with TouchGFX and STM32G071C8. We needed increase flash memory. We change mcu to STM32G0B1CE. 

I cannot this mcu programming over SWD. I use various STM ARMs, has never been such a problem. I test two new mcu with the same result. I checked waveform signals, reseting modes, speed, programmer FW, i have read a test all advice from forums. I decode protokol - without response from MCU. - No STM targed found.

Response on SWDIO from mcu is nothing (it is still HI). The mcu is only on power supply, all GPIO are free, but consuption is interesting: 12mA, by holding NRESET  was 1,5mA. Both pieces.

Please can You me help?

11 REPLIES 11
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @prekop, to the community!

Which hardware tool do you use to program the STM32G0B1CE?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, i use original ST-LINK/V2, then also ST-LINK/V2 M89. The waveforms  look good.

Data flow:  60 SWCLK pulse, then inicialization message (switch JTAG to SWD 0b0111100111100111) then 60 pulse, and then message READID without reaction. I compare on same board with STM32G071C8.

If these are not the counterfeits in colourful tin cans, can you please post a photo (front and back) of your ST-LINK/V2.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I tried also a few FW. May have mcu such high consumption when is not programmed? Thanks.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The ST-LINK/V2 in the tin can is a counterfeit that cannot be supported by the software tools from STMicroelectronics because it is built differently and there is a fake STM32 in there, usually even with different or no marking.

Try updating the firmware of the ST-LINK/V2 in the white housing with the current STM32CubeProg. Does it show a serial number when you try to connect?

Thank You for reply. I update one more time firmware to last version V2J41S7 without results. I test also debuger from Nucleo board. All three debugers have unique ID. All three debugers have the same start serial sequence (SWD). 

I don't know how to proceed further, I'm desperate.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The most recent firmware version is V2J42S7 for both ST-LINK/V2 (Stand-alone) and ST-LINK/V2-1 (NUCLEO64).

I test V2J42S7 also V2J43S7 without success. Without response on SWD sequence.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please try to tackle the problem step by step:

1. you can check with your NUCLEO with ST-LINK/V2-1 and connected jumpers on CN2 if the STM32CubeProg can connect to it
  2. then remove the two jumpers on CN2 on the NUCLEO, connect the ST-LINK/V2 to the target MCU of the NUCLEO (SWCLK is accessible at CN2.1, SWDIO at CN2.4, NRST at CN6.3, VDD for T_VCC at CN7.5 and GND e.g. at CN6.7) and check the same also in STM32CubeProg (if T_VCC is not connected, you should work with Software Reset)

If an ST-LINK can be connected to STM32CubeProg via Connect, it is initially functional in principle. The next step would be to check the software (version numbers?) with which you are having problems.