cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G030F6P6 TSSOP20 crystal oscillator?

MarkJordan
Associate II

As I understand, the TSSOP20 version needs an external oscillator instead of a 8MHz crystal connected directly to the MCU pins. Is that correct?

I'm asking because I have seen a board on AliExpress using this same processor with a 8MHz crystal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Correct, the TSSOP20 doesn't have an OSC_OUT which means it can't be hooked up to a crystal directly.

TDK_0-1722202518903.png

No clue what's going on with that board. Schematic doesn't seem available. Probably the crystal is not very useful on it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Correct, the TSSOP20 doesn't have an OSC_OUT which means it can't be hooked up to a crystal directly.

TDK_0-1722202518903.png

No clue what's going on with that board. Schematic doesn't seem available. Probably the crystal is not very useful on it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
BarryWhit
Senior III

Very curious. a schematic (could be typical AE misinfo) is available but shows no crystal

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005574646465.html

There's also a Baidu (Chinese Cloud drive) download link at the top of that page for a zip file of assets for that board, but it seems to be china only.

On at least one unrelated project, someone thought it was a good idea to connect a 16Mhz crystal to OSC32, I wonder if that's a clever hack or a *** mistake: hack.https://github.com/brunohoplite/stm32g030f6p6_evaluation_board/blob/master/PCB/Schematic_stm32g0f0_eval.pdf

Update: really?!? the word *** is censored? that's so ***ing ***. What a bunch of ***.

- If someone's post helped resolve your issue, please thank them by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Please post an update with details once you've solved your issue. Your experience may help others.