cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32g030 not flashing

WBria.1
Associate II

i'm trying to read the G030 mcu (from my PCB) with cubeProgrammer and the results are:

"No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication"

Today the debug pins are direct connection (without any pull-up or down), as show:

WBria1_0-1696475699047.png

But I already tried to pull-down (and pull-up) the SWCLK pin (as shared with BOOT0). but no way to recognize te MCU.

Any idea? I just want to flash my first code into this G030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check logic level on NRST

Make sure analogue supplies are hooked up. They are used by oscillator and reset circuits.

Check part orientation. The failure is that the part is non-responsive / non-functional. Debug as such.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Should work. Check power, check for proper orientation, check the schematic against the hardware design guide. Post the full schematic if you want someone to check it.

Probably not the issue, but counterfeit programmers don't always work.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Check logic level on NRST

Make sure analogue supplies are hooked up. They are used by oscillator and reset circuits.

Check part orientation. The failure is that the part is non-responsive / non-functional. Debug as such.

the NRST voltage is arround 0.7 (i think it's not good because another MCUs that i have checked here is close to 3.3V)

the HW and SCH was OK. i'm checking now the soldering process

Suggestive that the POR is clamping due to absent analogue supply

TDK
Guru

> the HW and SCH was OK

Doesn't NRST staying low contradict this? Might be worth another look. Issue has to be somewhere.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

HW and SCH OK, i mean, the design it's OK (image below)

WBria1_0-1696533593507.png

for sure, i have investigating another variant things, such as solder and now, the MCU origin (from suspicious vendor)

HW and SCH OK, i mean, the design it's OK (image below)

O, yes, the existence of R24 totally confirms it. Edited by moderators to adhere to community guidelines.

sorry i did not understood u.. this is my practice to use pull-up (if need it, i saw that G030 did not require but i design anyway) on NRST... what do u mean?

i saw that G030 did not require but i design anyway

WHY exactly did you do it? It's a simple question, what do you not understand there?

Edited by moderators to adhere to community guidelines.