cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F745TI6 prototype problem SWD not connecting.

ksale.1
Senior

Hi,

This was part of another (unrelated) thread which did not get timely attention.

Prototype sketch:

0693W00000KaAA3QAN.jpgCube programmer screenshot:

0693W00000KaAArQAN.jpgCubeMX ioc file attached.

The PCB manufacturer allows window of one week to submit a modified prototype within the same quotation. Please note I'm software developer new to hardware design.

BR

14 REPLIES 14

@Community member​ . I'm currently reviewing AN4938 "Getting started with STM32H74xI/G and STM32H75xI/G hardware development' hoping it might provide a clue.

JNguyen
Senior

in RCC, Power Parameters0693W00000KabbQQAR.pngIf it was wrong, you need to use CubeProg to erase chip first, then reprogram chip with the correct code.

>>'With BOOT0 high cycle the power on the whole board ...' How do I do that?

Install the JP7 jumper

Remove ALL power sources from the board

Re-power the board

Perhaps repeat a few times.

The H7 has some modes of behaviour that will lock out the SWD connectivity, as POWER-UP and RESET have different modes of operation. These tend to occur when you have the LDO/SMPS settings wrong, and the H7 latches a mode that is inconsistent with the one the board is designed to be using.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2411-discovery-kit-with-stm32h747xi-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Caution: A deadlock occurs if the board SMPS/LDO firmware PWR configuration does not match the hardware configuration: after the reset, the ST-LINK cannot connect the target anymore.

The firmware PWR configuration must be set as follows in function SystemClock_Config in file main.c:

• If the hardware configuration is “Direct SMPS�? (default configuration): HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY);

• If the hardware configuration is “LDO�?: HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_LDO_SUPPLY);

If a deadlock occurs because of a mismatch between hardware and firmware PWR settings (SMPS/LDO), the user can recover the board by applying the following procedure:

1. Power off the board.

2. Connect pin BOOT0 to VDD using a wire (or short R192). This changes the BOOT0 pin to 1 instead of 0, thus changing the device boot address to boot address 1 and making the bootloader start in System memory. This avoids starting firmware in the user Flash with a wrong SMPS/LDO configuration versus the hardware board configuration.

3. Power on the board and connect using STM32CubeProgrammer (STM32CubeProg).

4. Erase the user Flash.

5. Power off the board and remove the short between BOOT0 and VDD.

6. The board is recovered and can be used normally with matching firmware PWR.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Tie PDR_ON to VDD

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JNguyen
Senior

check these:

1. make sure selection of power supply scheme in your code matches with your Nucleo-H7A3. If not, correct the selection
  2. After correcting selection of power supply scheme, you may have to do "erase chip" since the MCU was already programmed with wrong ps sheme
  3. follow this link to "erase chip" and other possible fixes https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-to-STM32H7-devices