cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F745TI6 prototype problem SWD not connecting.

ksale.1
Senior

Hi,

This was part of another (unrelated) thread which did not get timely attention.

Prototype sketch:

0693W00000KaAA3QAN.jpgCube programmer screenshot:

0693W00000KaAArQAN.jpgCubeMX ioc file attached.

The PCB manufacturer allows window of one week to submit a modified prototype within the same quotation. Please note I'm software developer new to hardware design.

BR

14 REPLIES 14
Terrance Parker
Associate III

Have not looked at your schematic. However, try using the older version of CubeProgrammer, STSW-LINK004 and see if that connects. If not, you probably have board error.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link004.html

Hi,

Thank you @Terrance Parker​ , it still persists

0693W00000KaJOxQAN.jpg

I don't expect the IOC file is going to shed much light on this.

H7 not F7 per title I'm assuming.

Dead-in-the-water tends to suggest power issues.

Check voltage present on NRST and VCAP pins, along with VDD, VDDA

Check part orientation.

Check net-list for floating/disconnected power/ground islands, or mismatched net names.

With BOOT0 high cycle the power on the whole board several times, and then attempt to connect with ST-LINK.

Any other signs-of-life?

Does USB connectivity work with BOOT0 HIGH, what about UART1 reponsiveness to 0x7F data pattern at 9600 8E1 ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JNguyen
Senior

From your schematics, it seems that you are using "SMPS supplies LDO (No External supply)", correct? if so, make sure "System supply configurations" is set for the same.

JNguyen
Senior

correction: ... if so, make sure "System supply configurations" is set for the same in CubeMX.

Hi @Community member​ 

It is H7., VCP,VDD,VDDA, NRST are 3.3v

"Check net-list for floating/disconnected power/ground islands, or mismatched net names..."

Do you mean in the schematics?

'With BOOT0 high cycle the power on the whole board ...' How do I do that?

USB power is not working in all cases. 3.3v is sourced externally through board pins.

0693W00000KaL8SQAV.jpg

ksale.1
Senior

Thank you @Community member​ 

How do you do that in CubeMX? Which category?

No, a net-list is a connectivity list exported by the schematic tool, and used the PCB tool, and usually part of the DRC (Design Rules Check), describing all the net names, and the points/nodes to which they connect.

For example your GND Triangle symbols, some have GND label in TEAL, others don't. There should be a single "GND" net in the net-list, not one call "GND" and another called "UNK". Inconsistency often leads to multiple nets which lack the connectivity that is expected.

https://resources.altium.com/p/understanding-your-pcb-netlist

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​  Thank you for the advise.

I've unchecked the visibility of GND on one , and it seems that one was copied several times. DRC was checked before sending to the manufacturer. Important takeaway from your message, I should always implement a serial port, which I've under-estimated its debugging capabilities. Unfortunately, I'm still at loss.