cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 HS USB CDC Serial, not recognized by Windows

ajcurtis84
Associate II

Hello,

We have a custom board design using STM32F765IITx processor. Trying to configure and generate a working project using the HS USB interface with an external PHY. (USB3315) The project being generated is for Keil (MDK-ARM)

The latest versions of STM32CubeMX is installed (v6.10.0) and the latest version of Keil. (v5.38a)

I have verified that the Standalone CDC example provided in STM32CubeMX works on the evaluation board. There is only one pin difference between the custom hardware and evaluation board connection to the USB PHY. Made that modification but it doesn't appear to work. 

Windows sometimes recognizes the USB device but says it is not working.

Ideas?

Anyone have a link to instructions to build a project with this capability?

TIA

Allen

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @ajcurtis84 and welcome to the Community 🙂,

An USB_Host issue is already reported here.

It is a bug in host lib v3.4.1 integrated in STM32CubeF7 1.17.0 version.

This issue is fixed on host lib v3.5.0 available in ST github.

Please try to use 3.5.0 host lib version and let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Also, I think this discussion can help you.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

This description refers to "USB_Host issue". Does this apply to USB Device as well?

Thank you for the link. I will try out the new library on GitHub.

Ok, looked at the GitHub update and is only applies to USB Host. Our implementation is a USB CDC Device only. We are using the HS USB interface with an external PHY (USB3315), a USB 2.0 ULPI PHY.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @ajcurtis84 ,

Please try to follow this FAQ: USB device not recognized, with the solution is to either increase the heap size, or configure the USB library to use static allocation.

Also, I recommend you to check section 3  in AN4879.

I hope this help you.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.