Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 Disco ADC issue

Grozea.Ion
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2017 at 08:09

Hello all,

I am trying to read the ADC value from PA0 pin on a STM32F7 Disco board but without any success.

The issue is that the ADC reading is acting as the pin is floating

I suspect that the initialization code is not correct due to the fact that if i change the the Pull parameter to PULLUP/DOWN the behavior of the ADC value stays the same.

I have try to run also the example ADC_RegularConversion_DMA from STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0 but the behavior of the value is the same (i run the code on 2 different new boards)

I have attached the ADC code for review.

Can someone help me figure it out what is wrong here?

Thanks

#adc-reads #stm32f7-discovery
11 REPLIES 11
Posted on June 13, 2017 at 15:37

Hello AvaTar,

I have started to use cube when i switched to F7,  before i have only worked with F103 and i also did not used mxcube.

Until i will find examples that are not cube based i will have to stick to it due to the F7 complexity.

Now, if you have example that are not cube based can you share them? On the F7 i will use I2C, UART in DMA RxTx, EXTI and ADC, i have figure it myself how to deal with GPIO

🙂

Once again, if you have non cube based examples please share them if you can.

Thanks

Grozea.Ion
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2017 at 18:10

Hello all and thank you for your support. I have found the issue of my ADC problem, is not software, it is the poor soldering of the CN5 connector on both boards, basically only PF6/PF7 can be used on my boards, for the other to work i need to apply pressure on the connector from side. I will return the boards a ask for new ones because all Arduino connectors are faulty.

Best regards,