Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427 SPI Enable control

TFuji.5
Associate II

Hello

We select the STM32F427 for new product and use the SPI slave function.​

We want to control the SPI enable/disable for the data input control.(SPI_CR1 bit6 SPE)

Can the STM32 SPI function receive the data immediately after SPI enabling?​

Are there certain time constraints in this matter?

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

The clock needs to be on its idle state and probably one clock tick needs to occur such that the level registers. But no extended wait or anything.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TFuji.5​ and welcome to the Community,

I adivse you this AN5543 "Enhanced methods to handle SPI communication on STM32 devices". This document provides tips on how to prevent, and how to manage, the most frequent difficulties encountered when handling SPI communications.

Hope this helps you !

When your question is answered, please close this post by choosing "Select as Best". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TFuji.5
Associate II

Dear TDK-san

Thank you for your reply.

I think the so, too. The spi controller can receive the data after one clock(spi controller internal clock) after SPE enable.

Dear lmen-san

​Thank you for your reply.

Sorry. I checked the AN5543 document and couldn't find the timing spec(From SPE enable to the ready for receiving).

MasterT
Lead

Datasheet: https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f427-437.html#documentation

page 144 Table 62. SPI dynamic characteristics defines:

t su(NSS) NSS setup time Slave mode, SPI presc = 2 4T PCLK

I'm not sure, if logic re-triggering would require more time with lower baudrate, like

( t baud_rate /2 ) + 4 × t pclk.