Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F413CGU6 FW upgrade using USB

luisfynn1
Associate II

Hi. I am luis

I have question about STM32F413CGU6 FW upgrade using USB

Q1. how can I setting Stm32CubeIDE usb parameters?? FW upgrade is only use "OTG"??

I can use USB mode only "host" or "device".

luisfynn1_0-1704350751380.png

Q2. Is there another setting for standalone USB setting?? If it exist, please tell me.

Q3. I have tried to use standalone FW upgrade code(stm32 github).but I found some files is missing. 

where can I find these files??? 

ref: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/blob/master/Projects/STM32469I-Discovery/Applications/USB_Host/FWupgrade_Standalone/

below box files is missing upper git url...

luisfynn1_1-1704351045431.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> some files is missing. where can I find these files??? 

Hi @luisfynn1  These missing files are in the directories above the project. When you install the STM32F4 firmware package in the normal way in the CubeIDE or CubeMX, you will get the whole thing with all the libraries. Then import the project in CubeIDE, refresh and rebuild. It should find all files. 

But the question is, whether this host mode example is what you're looking for. You may want a device mode example instead as TDK suggests. Anyway, if you cannot manage to build this project successfully, it means that something is wrong with your setup (CubeIDE + F4 firmware package) ... or somebody tinkered with the project (then delete & reinstall the f/w package).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @luisfynn1 ,

Regarding the missing file errors, you should check your include paths settings and ensure the directory of the header file is listed in your include paths for the compiler.

Go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU GCC Compiler -> Include paths

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

> I have question about STM32F413CGU6 FW upgrade using USB

There are two common ways this is done. One is by reading a file from a flash drive, in which case you would choose USB host to an MSC device, the other is with the USB DFU bootloader, in which case you would choose USB device and DFU class.

If you import the example project using CubeMX it will copy over all the necessary files.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> some files is missing. where can I find these files??? 

Hi @luisfynn1  These missing files are in the directories above the project. When you install the STM32F4 firmware package in the normal way in the CubeIDE or CubeMX, you will get the whole thing with all the libraries. Then import the project in CubeIDE, refresh and rebuild. It should find all files. 

But the question is, whether this host mode example is what you're looking for. You may want a device mode example instead as TDK suggests. Anyway, if you cannot manage to build this project successfully, it means that something is wrong with your setup (CubeIDE + F4 firmware package) ... or somebody tinkered with the project (then delete & reinstall the f/w package).