cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f412 i need much more clock speed!!

Mesl.1
Associate

hello every one. im running something that needs high clock speed. actually i want to create picture with some moving LEDs. i have 75MHz on gpio but its not enough. i just know its possible. im using register codes. im using boolean array for image data(RGBs)

please help me. i want to know if theres something about this microcontroller i dnot know or a way to optimize performance or i should edit my c code(or use c++) or maybe i should use assembly codes ........

thank you.😅

2 REPLIES 2

> I have 75MHz on gpio but its not enough.

That is probably more than the maximum system clock on 'F412 allows, do you are already overclocking it, don't you.

There's no magic to squeeze out more juice from an orange than there is in it. I don't think you can do significantly better with any mcu, you'll need to go for FPGA. Or an entirely different plan.

JW

>>i just know its possible

You'd know if you succeeded, but you're here having not.. hope harder.

DMA of GPIO from pattern buffers still needs to pull from memory and transact with the AHB bus.

The TIM will need to be some fraction of the primary clock, they divide.

Get a faster CPU

Consider an FPGA / CPLD

Consider a FIFO Memory, perhaps one which can move parallel to serial, like VRAM

Consider a SERDES, or FMC method which moves 32-bits, and breaks that down into smaller submultiples which you output to the LEDs or whatever.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..