cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411CEU6 no longer blinks blue LED when connected, I broke it?

notahardwareguy
Associate II

Am new to the STM32F boards. Have been using an STM32F103C8T6 with success using Arduino. Was attempting to get the F411CEU6 connected and "did a lot of things" to include things with the ST-Link. Now when I connect the 411 via USB the blue LED no longer lights/blinks. I tried "erasing" the board with the ST-Link as well as other things. Have I "trashed it"? The sheet says that I can't clear the boot loader but it no longer acts like the boot loader is there. How do I fix and return to board to its initial state? Sorry if this is a "stupid, novice question" but after having googled various versions of this question for hours, I could not locate anything close to an answer. Thank you for your assistance.

5 REPLIES 5

Presuming some F411 pill board

You erased the code that blinked the LED

The ROM based boot loader doesn't blink anything. With BOOT0 HIGH the USB should connect as a "STM32 BOOT DEVICE" or similar.

You'll have to download an application that makes the LED blink. This might be a Arduino, or similar, boot loader.

Find a tutorial for your board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

The Arduino IDE uses its own bootloader which can be erased. Look up how to do that. There should be plenty of resources online to help you here.

https://www.sgbotic.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=49

Not many users on this forum use the Arduino IDE. Not saying you can't ask questions about it, but there may be a more resourceful forum somewhere in Arduino land.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you for responding...

Thank you for responding...

notahardwareguy
Associate II

Thank you for responding. The reason I thought I might have ruined the device is (along with it no longer blinking the blue LED on connection to the PC) it NOW appears as a device on a com port "STM Serial" (on com 3) whereas before I did my load, it did not appear as a com device at all. It was listed under another type as "STM Bootloader" or some such. I suppose I can try loading the same bootloader that I installed onto the F103 via ST-Link. Again, thank you both for your replies.