cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 build error on local copy

GauravK
Senior

Hi, I copied example “en.stm32cubef4-v1-28-0\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Examples\FMC\FMC_SRAM” in a separate local folder.

Copied files in included paths as shown below:

GauravK_0-1714984884678.png

1 error remaining “Description    Resource             Path       Location              Type

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/stm32f4xx_hal.o'.  Stop.       FMC_SRAM                                      C/C++ Problem”

Please let me know what changes required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @GauravK ,

It seems you have opened the folder, but not the project.

You should open/import the project in the repository tree (and not copy the example) - using File > Open projects from file system to import the project in your current workspace).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @GauravK ,

It seems you have opened the folder, but not the project.

You should open/import the project in the repository tree (and not copy the example) - using File > Open projects from file system to import the project in your current workspace).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I had used "open project from file system".

I tried creating new project and copying LED toggle example projects src and inc that was able to build.

I will try combining two 2 examples with same approach "SPI and GPIO toggle". Also need to check MCU challenges as well.