cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F303 RTC Fail-safe mode?

SKris.7
Associate

I am using STM32F303 MCU for the customized board and using External RTC. Can we Build any Fail-safe mode for RTC in case of external RTC fails

And if we flash or Reprogram the MCU. Will RTC Time sets to "0" zero Automatically?

3 REPLIES 3

> Can we Build any Fail-safe mode for RTC in case of external RTC fails

Describe, what do you mean by fail-safe mode, exactly?

Can you detect failure of external RTC?

> And if we flash or Reprogram the MCU. Will RTC Time sets to "0" zero Automatically?

As it's external to the STM32, it is your hardware and your program which determines, what happens to that RTC.

JW

I'm updating RTC time with GSM Network. If any case RTC time is set to Zero & never get updated with a network Time. which means External RTC failed. Then I want to switch to Internal RTC. Is this possible?.

if there are any power failures i am maintaining RTC time by using a Lithium-ion battery. and i want to maintain RTC time if MUC gets reprogrammed.

>is there any chance to maintain RTC time after Reprogram or flash (Same Code).

If the external RTC is under battery power, set at beginning, and if you don't change the time from software, it will keep maintaining the timer no matter what happens in the STM32.

You can also use the internal RTC in the STM32, but then the external RTC is not needed at all.

JW