Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32F2 : Ethernet start up infinite Loop

mrniknejad
Associate II
Posted on September 30, 2011 at 20:33

Hi

I have a problem in Ethernet start up using LWIP.

the program always stick in a infinite loop in below line :

while (ETH_GetSoftwareResetStatus () == SET)

what is problem and what is this line means ?

i use an external 50Mhz oscillator

( RMII Mode )

instead of using Port A.8  for

DP83848

clock source ! can this cause the problem ?

thanks

#mainwaring
11 REPLIES 11
gustavo239955
Associate II
Posted on December 07, 2011 at 17:11

People here could help others, instead of loosing everybody time with useless posts.

I had the same problem, solved enabling the Ethernet clocks only AFTER while(ETH_GetSoftwareResetStatus()==SET).

Why? Read the STM32F107 Manual (TRM) page 949 item 29.4.4.

Best regards

GUGA

Posted on December 07, 2011 at 17:44

People here could help others, instead of loosing everybody time with useless posts.

Which is an awfully interesting insight from someone with 5 posts. You must be new here...

I generally think most of the problems posted could be solved by a more though reading of the manuals and source, and for the most part answers/suggestions posted often have more thought behind them, than the original question.

Anyway, here's the specific cite, with a link for the manual in question, so people don't have to waste time navigating the nightmare web site.

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/REFERENCE_MANUAL/CD00171190.pdf

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/REFERENCE_MANUAL/CD00171190.pdf

The mode, MII or RMII, is selected using the configuration bit 23, MII_RMII_SEL, in the AFIO_MAPR register. The application has to set the MII/RMII mode while the Ethernet controller is under reset or before enabling the clocks.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..