cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103CBU6 HAL_Init Hangsup or STM32CubeIDE?

Sany
Associate III

Hello,

I am not really new, but i have a courious problem.
I have a STM32F103CBU6 device (new), and started a new C++ Project with STM32CubeIDE 1.13.2 and the STM32Cube FW_F1 V1.8.5 firmware package.

I have a external crystal for both (HSE + LSE) and is configured in RCC.

So, if i configure under "SYS" the "Debug: Serial Wire" and Timebase Source: "TIM2" or so, then after compile, and uploading the code and starting with debugger, begins the problem.

Code runs with first Breakpoint: HAL_Init();
When i try to resume the code, makes my STM32CubeIDE very strange things, my window changes out of the main.c code to "Break at address "0x1ffff766" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.":

Screenshot 2023-10-27 082114.png

Question 1: so, why my debugger jumps out of the code to a source that not available ?
Is there a Problem since the firmware? or a problem with the STM32CubeIDE?

Question 2: Why my code stops at the HAL_Init ?

When i try to resume the code after "Break at address "0x1ffff766" with no debug information available, or outside of program code."

My Debugging ends, and the

SystemClock_Config();

not reached.

Update:

So, okay, when i configure "SYS" to "Timebase Source: SysTick" and try again, the Code runs to the default while...
But i need the FreeRTOS and must change the Timebase Source to a TIM..

Has any one idea, what goes bad?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sany
Associate III

Hello,

Okay, i found my error... a layout error.. Boot0 is not connected to anything...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is just how ST's IDE is... Janky.

For FreeRTOS, I suggest you start with a fresh project and install it in Cube MX or double clicking on the .ioc file in Cube IDE and going to Software -> FreeRTOS. It's then configured automatically for the most part, and you can start your own tasks in main.c

Sany
Associate III

Hello,

Okay, i found my error... a layout error.. Boot0 is not connected to anything...