cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f030c8t6

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on July 09, 2014 at 15:12

I am configuring the sys clk to 48 mhz it's working fine for stm32f030r8t6. I have checked by toggling the led...I am able to get the desired frequency ....but it is not working for stm32f030c8t6.....It is always taking the internal oscillator i.e 8 mhz....I have generate the system_stm32f0XX.c file by using clock configuration tool which i have made it to 48 mhz but still it is not working please help

#!telegraphing
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 09, 2014 at 17:58

Are you using an external clock source? Is it starting?

Is the PLL starting? Is it or the external clock taking too long to start?

Have you walked through the SystemInit(), etc to understand what is, and what is not happening? What do the register states tell you about the condition?

Don't rely of an Excel sheet to do your coding, look at the example code in the firmware library, review it, and the documentation for the chip and registers, and understand what it is doing, and how it might be failing.

Part of design work is owning this responsibility, and doing your own debugging.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sanjib
Associate III
Posted on July 10, 2014 at 06:19

Yes I have walked through system_init() and checked every registers which is all set......the same system_stm32f0xx.c file is working fine for stm32f030r8t6 why not working in stm32f030c8t6. the Pll on is set in thr configuration register of rcc, Pll multipliers and prediv are configured whatever I am configured....I am not understandin why this problem?

the system_stm32f0xx.c file I have attached with it.

Attachments :

system_stm32f0xx.c : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hzqh&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bQH%2FA8575j3h8KLegbEGFR9Cwfk_Agy83pFyuSnKICaGES0&asPdf=false
sanjib
Associate III
Posted on July 10, 2014 at 13:56

I have tried debugging my code ...al registers are set according to ma expectation. Anybody can clear my doubts...if the configuration is wrong why the same system_stm32f0xx.c file is working fine for stm32f030r8t6 but why not with stm32fo3oc8t6.

Posted on July 10, 2014 at 19:11

Perhaps it's your board?

Quit focusing on the fact it works on some other board, with some other chip, and focus on the failing one, and understand WHY it's failing.

I gave you an order checklist of things to review.

Instrument the code paths if you have to and understand the flow of the code. Output signals via the MCO (PA8) pin to see the internal clocks.

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on July 11, 2014 at 12:55

which checklist?where it is? sorry i didn't understand

Posted on July 11, 2014 at 13:42

{ /* If HSE fails to start-up, the application will have wrong clock 
configuration. User can add here some code to deal with this error */
}