cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate System boot loader for STM32F030C8T6 via UART1

Techn
Senior

Hello,

I am trying to make STM32F020c8t6 enter boot loader by connecting the Boot0 pin to HIGH via a 10k as given in some forms and pressing the reset. I connected the MCU UART1 to Laptop running Cube Programmer and use the UART option. The MCU uart1 RX , TX and GND are connected via USB to uart converter which is working for all UART communications...

My observations: When I tie the Boot0 pin to high and press the NRST(to GND), the processor enters some state which is not running my regular code. But it does not  connect to Cube Programmer via serial port.

I tried this pattern

Pattern 2 Boot0(pin) = 1 and nBoot1(bit) = 1 even tried with nBoot=0 also via Cube Programmer and stlink-v3.

Cube programmer says no response from the device some K0 stuff also.

When I try STM32F103 device the above sequence works perfectly.

Please suggest some clues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Double check the pins used as described in AN2606. Share your connectivity.

Noise on any other pins, as described in AN2606, may be perceived as first-contact, so things like a GPS/GNSS receiver outputting immediately at start-up will present a problem.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MM..1
Chief II

Is your pins PA9 and PA10?

Double check the pins used as described in AN2606. Share your connectivity.

Noise on any other pins, as described in AN2606, may be perceived as first-contact, so things like a GPS/GNSS receiver outputting immediately at start-up will present a problem.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

PA9 and PA10.

Thanks Tesla. I had some device connected to the other uart2 on PA2 and PA3, that was the issue.