cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 with minimum 11 Uart peripherals

STehA.1
Associate II

Hi,

I wonder if someone can recommend an alternative to STM32H563ZIT6 mcu for minimum 11 Uart peripherals on

a single IC. Preferably if the IC is from the STM32F series.

NOTE: The above quantity achieved by treating the USART ports as UART using 144 pins STM32H563

Thank you

SAM 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @STehA.1 

I suggest you to use the MCU/MPU selector of STM32CubeMX and update the number of UART that you are locking for to find all products that can do the job:

STTwo32_1-1708587448507.png

You can also use CubeFinder on PC and smartphone to do the same job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @STehA.1 

I suggest you to use the MCU/MPU selector of STM32CubeMX and update the number of UART that you are locking for to find all products that can do the job:

STTwo32_1-1708587448507.png

You can also use CubeFinder on PC and smartphone to do the same job.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CMYL
ST Employee

Hello @STehA.1@STTwo-32 

The more efficient way is to use the Product Selector online tool provided by ST: STM32 MCU product selector - STMicroelectronics

You can apply the filters you want ( on min number of UART and USART columns for example) and It will list all the available part numbers answering your request.  

I can found many STM32H5 and STM32H7 parts with up to 13 U(S)ART

For the STM32F Series, I only found to 8 U(S)ART, but I'm asking experts if any F4, F2 or F7 is available with up to 11 U(S)ART. 

I can't understand your note below, the USART modules supports some specific synchronous mode in addition to the Asynchronous ... What do you mean ?  

>> NOTE: The above quantity achieved by treating the USART ports as UART using 144 pins STM32H563

Best regards

Hi CMYL,

Many thanks. Browsing thru the STM32H563 manual seems that I need to combine the UART and the USART ports to give me 11 UART ports in total. The reason I need to switch from H series to the F series because there are many works, articles and videos on the internet talk about the F series even though the coding of the peripherals are alike ... yet, the clock config (bare metal in C) scared me a bit! 

Note: I am using the STM32CubeIDE and intended to code in bare metal instead of HAL.

Thanks STTWO-32. That helps

SAM.